Love the colors shown in this mural, painted by Leah Bartholomew of Beneath The Sun. It's got a Matisse vibe to it - wouldn't you agree?
Monday, July 6, 2015
Sunday, July 5, 2015
EZ Quilting is sponsoring the QuiltCon 2016 Triangle Quilt Challenge.
This year’s challenge is to create a quilt using one of the EZ Quilting Triangle Templates designed by Darlene Zimmerman. These templates make it easy to create intricate designs from your scraps. Challenge participants can sign up to get a free ruler or pick up their own template at simplicity.com.
Once again, we have many more members than templates, so they will go quickly. We will send the registration link to members via email on Tuesday, July 7 at 10 a.m. Eastern, 7 a.m. Pacific.
Learn more about the challenge at quiltconwest.com/quilt-show/
Thursday, July 2, 2015
your quilt is ready now (or will be in a few months) — but QuiltCon
entries are now open! Quilts will be juried into the show and may be
either shown for exhibit only, or entered into competition and judged.
Please read the rules carefully before filling out the online entry form.
CategoriesYou’re welcome to enter as many quilts as you would like in the show, but choose the category that best fits your work. If it fits in more than one, consider what you think is the strongest aspect of your quilt. This year’s categories include:
Awards and PrizesOver $15,000 in prizes will be awarded to winners in each category, including a $5,000 prize for Best in Show, $1,000 for People’s Choice and $1,000 for the Freespirit Quilting Excellence Award. View all the awards at quiltcon.com.
New this year! We now have two machine quilting awards with a $1,000 prize for each:
Fees$30 per entry for up to three quilts — you may enter as many quilts as you would like. We accept Visa, MasterCard and PayPal at the time of entry.
How to Enter
Want Insider Knowledge?Listen to our June webinar on the judging and jurying process and gain insights from Stevii Graves, Jacquie Gering, Shannon Page and Heather Grant.
Monday, June 29, 2015
Monday, June 22, 2015
Don't forget that QuiltCon registration opens June 25th - just three days away! You've probably received an email from the Modern Quilt Guild about this, but in case you missed it, here is the information:
Members will receive their registration link via email at 7 a.m. PDT, 10 a.m. EDT on June 25,* and the link will also be on the MQG Community site.
Things to note:
- To get your member discount, you MUST use the email address that is associated with your MQG account. Conveniently, that’s this one that you received this newsletter at! If you want to change it, email us.
- We’ve had some scheduling changes since the course catalog was released. Download the most recent version here.
- An instructional video on how to use the registration system is available to help you preview and understand the registration process.
- Four-day show passes are only available during member registration. Four-day show passes are free to members with pre-registration until November 30. No additional purchase is required to get your free four-day show pass, but you must pre-register by November 30 to receive it. Single-day show passes will be available starting in late 2015 and are not eligible for member discounts.
- Hotels go quickly once registration starts! Beat the rush and reserve your room before registration opens.
* Approximately. We’ll push “send” at 7 a.m. PDT, but our system sends emails in batches spaced slightly apart. The time you receive the registration link could vary, but the link will also be available on Community.